Quentin Stewart's Reviews > Death Before Swine

Death Before Swine by V.K. Scott

4220571
Oct 23, 2011

If you are interested in reading mysteries that do not give you all of the answers until close to the end then "Death Before Swine" is a book for you. The main character, Ben Hart, is not the typical good looking, muscle bound, debonair hero that many portray in books today. He is an average Joe who is trying to get along as a teacher in the high school that he graduated from a decade before. Matter of fact he spends more time taking punches then he does giving them and when he does give a punch it does not do much damage. He stumbles upon a murder victim and it falls to him to solve the case while he is learning about the people he left behind when he went off to college and how the town, though outwardly little changed, has become a different place. Even the changes have hit the family that he left behind.

I enjoyed "Death Before Swine" and highly recommend it. I kept wondering what secrets Ben was going to uncover that would confuse his investigation more. I look forward to more Ben Hart mysteries because he is a likable character in his blundering way. A science teacher trying to use his brain and common sense to solve a mystery instead of brawn. Of course there is a love interest that Mr. Scott must keep us up on. Very good job and an interesting detective story. ( )

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Before Swine.