Toneeshia's Reviews > The Everything Fairy Tales Book: A Magical Collection of All-Time Favorites to Delight the Whole Family

The Everything Fairy Tales Book by Amy Peters

Oct 23, 11

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read from October 21 to 23, 2011

The Everything Fairy Tales book is a collection of fairy tales intended for nursery and primary aged children. This book has 100 stories some of which I am familiar with others I am not like East of the Sun West of the Moon, the Tiger, the Brahman, and the Jackal, and the Story of the Greek King and the Physician Douban. This is a four star book because there is a story for everyone. The use of language is dramatic, modern, and simple. I think young readers will find the Everything Fairy Tales book appealing because it contains princes and princesses and sword fights, the stories are short enough not to bore the child listening to the story. Due to the strong lack of illustrations I don't think a child or children would pick this book up themselves to look at or attempt to read because children need the pictures to help tell the story and keep their interest. As a teaching professional I would have the children each select a different story and create the illustrations for it. I would also have the children create a play acting out a selected story. The children can also stand in front of the class and tell a fairy tale that they created.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Everything Fairy Tales Book.