Sundae's Reviews > Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Oct 23, 2011

did not like it

The biggest "wow" moment of this book was the ending ending ... the point where you close the book, look up, and realize just how unbelievably cliche the whole plot was.

All in all, one star. I can honestly say that this author's style is just not my taste. It wasn't funny, didn't see the sparks, didn't move me, didn't do anything for me. In fact, the whole book read like a magazine - you know, the kind you pick up at the doctor's office and read simply because it's better than staring up at the mutted T.V. screen or the yellow walls with a crooked picture that seriously needs to be straightened.

The biggest thing that bothered me about the book was the author herself injecting her thoughts into the story. She often lost sight of her point of view, and would instead fill in the "blank" lines with her own style of writing, which surmised to a sticker adorned with 'etcetera etcetera."

Yes, that is exactly what I want when I read a book; not a story, not words, heaven forbid some deep witty banter, no, 'etcetera. etcetera.' is more than enough. It fills in the blanks quite well doesn't it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practice Makes Perfect.

06/02/2016 marked as: read