Christi Snow's Reviews > As You Wish

As You Wish by Gabi Stevens

Oct 23, 2011

Read in October, 2011

My Review:
This is one of those books that you read purely for the fun and entertainment value of it. Filled with magic, godmothers, wishes, curses, and a grumpy gnome, it keeps you laughing and it keeps you guessing as the Arcani world is faced with a threat that no one believes is there, but three magical godmothers and the two (so far) that have been chosen to replace them.

This is book #2 in the Three Godmothers series. This book is about Reggie, the second person chosen to take over a position as a Fairy Godmother. The thing about the Godmother position is that those who are chosen never have access to their magic and know nothing about the position until their 27th birthday. So Reggie has grown up her entire life living in an Arcani household as a failure because she didn't have any magic. She was put in the Special Education classes in school because of it and that is where she met her two bakers, Tommy & Joy (who are developmentally disabled.) The three of them run a very successful bakery together.

One of her customers at the bakery is Nate. He's a very private person who comes in early to avoid other customers and stays completely covered at all times, but Reggie and him share a friendship of sorts.

She has also just met Jonathon Bastion and is starting a very nice romantic relationship with him (seemingly the perfect guy.)

But there is definitely something brewing that is not right. The three former Godmothers are on the run from the Arcani council. The first newly chosen Godmother, Tess & her fiance (story from book #1), are on the run also because all is not right in the Arcani world. So Reggie is trying to figure out who is lying, who is telling the truth, and what the heck to do with all this new-found magic within her.

Like I said, this is simply a fun little book. I loved the characters of Jonathon and Nate and Reggie definitely had her moments where she was brilliant. I loved watching her learn how to channel her magic and believe in it. There is a fabulous cast of characters including Alf, Tommy, and Joy, who all run the bakery in Reggie's absence. I saw most of the twists and turns coming, but that didn't make me enjoy them any less.

And to help entice you more, Gabi Stevens has committed 10% of the sales from this book go to Best Buddies, a wonderful organization that helps pair up individuals with IDD to a peer buddy whose job it is simply to be a friend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As You Wish.