Molly's Reviews > Weaving Destiny

Oct 30, 2011

bookshelves: reviews
Read from October 23 to 29, 2011

Hi!

I'm rating this 4.5 stars.

I won Weaving Destiny and The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching as ebooks.

This book has developed so well! In my review of the Soulkeepers I said that my least favourite character was Malini. This book has really turned my opinion of her around. Adding her point of view made you relate to her as a character and (SPOILER) by making her into a Healer and describing her experiences made me really relate to her. Ching has made me completely change my opinion of a character and that's not something I do lightly. I absolutely commend her for it.

The plot. Well, I must say it could have been longer. Bit more detail needed in places but that is the ONLY thing stopping this from being a 5 star review. I loved - as I've already mentioned - Malini's experiences of being a Healer, especially with Death. This was a character that I did not expect but I thoroughly liked. Ching captured his sadness beautifully.

I think adding Mara was a great twist in this plot because it weakens Jacob and Malini's relationship which is something that would happen in real life, they wouldn't just stay happy.

Not much more I can say except I highly recommend to fans of fantasy and YA lit. I eagerly await the third book.

~WR~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weaving Destiny.