Adriana C's Reviews > Until I Die

Until I Die by Amy Plum

May 04, 12

bookshelves: e-arc
Read from April 27 to 28, 2012

Until I Die is beautiful written, I love the way Amy Plum describes Paris, I´m in love of the setting of this series and the author do a great job describing it.

In Die for Me, Kate´s parents die in a car accident and she and her sister go to live with her grandparents in Paris. There she meets Vincent and they fall in love and she later discover that he´s a revenant - an undead that "survives" of the energy that comes from dying instead of other people. Kate is not sure of be able to watch him die over and over. So Vincent promise her that he will find a way to prevent him from the pull he feels of sacrificing for other people.

In Until I Die Vincent is searching for a solution that could help him with his need to die for other people, to save others; and have a regular life with Kate and age with her. But the solution seems to have bad consequences in Vincent, he´s not looking good and seems weaker.

Kate is a totally kicking butt in this book, because she is learning self-defense, she fighting with a sword, quaterstaff, etc. and according to Gaspard she has natural talent. So we get to see Kate kicking numa butt.

I´ve to say I found this book a little predictable and my prediction of who was the bad guy was correct.

In this second book we got background and more history about the revenants. The secondary characters were not much present as in the first book, I needed more Jules.

And the ending of this book, OMG has a mayor cliff-hanger, I literally scream and got all teary eye. And I hope that my predictions for book 3 don´t come true.

I can´t wait to read If I Should Die, the suspense is going to kill me.

The cover is gorgeous, I love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Die.