AH's Reviews > Don't Mess with Texas

Don't Mess with Texas by Christie Craig

Jul 26, 2014

bookshelves: won, romance, contemporary, own-not-read, blue, mystery, zzread-july-2014
Read from July 21 to 26, 2014

Don't mess with Texas is a nice, light romance perfect for summer reading. I liked that this just wasn't only a romance, there was a murder mystery as well. The story revolves around our two main characters: Nikki and Dallas. They meet when Nikki is accused of murdering her philandering ex-husband. Of course, the meeting is a little spectacular. At first, Dallas thinks that Nikki murdered her ex. After all, she left a restaurant muttering to herself about killing her ex because he stuck her with the bill. As Dallas got to know Nikki, he realized that she was incapable of killing even a fly. He also finds himself attracted to Nikki.

I liked the romance aspect of this book. The romance built slowly and was accentuated with some "potholes" along the way as Nikki and Dallas got to know each other. There was also a side plot with Dallas' brother Tony trying to win back his estranged and grieving wife LeAnn.

I loved the supporting characters. Nikki' Nana was a hoot and a power to be reckoned with. I also enjoyed the side story of Dallas' brother Tony as he tried to get his estranged wife LeAnn back.

All in all, a fun summer read.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Mess with Texas.

07/21/2014 marked as: currently-reading