Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > Coraline

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read from October 23 to 26, 2011

I remember reading this back when i was in 3rd Year High school, but i surely forget it by now, so i decided to get a copy of it and read it once more. Since i already watched the movie version of this one last two years ago i guess i already have an idea on the plot of this story. This book literally gives me the goosebumps i feel whenever i feel something is creeping in me. The mood of the story is very dark and senile, it makes me imagine a place where no one else lives except the family of Coraline Jones and their creepy house mates. It just scares the shit out of me, addition to the scary story is the dark book cover and the images inside the book, FOR GOD'S SAKE! the images haunts me while reading!

On the other hand, The plot is very powerful and it makes you think that the evil-ish other mother is for real. The ending satisfies me (since it was very predictable that Coraline would overcome the other mother's obstacles and locate her parents). After reading it i simply close it not wanting to read it again (NOT THAT IT'S NOT WORTH READING AGAIN!) but as I've said this book just scares the shit out of me so i'm not reading it again (until i had the guts to read it again.ugh! HAHA) :)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coraline.