Jan's Reviews > You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl: Observations on Life from the Shallow End of the Pool

You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark

Oct 25, 2011

Read from October 23 to 25, 2011

Goodreads win. Thank you. I really enjoyed this author, and this book. Bless her heart, she trashed everyone. I giggled along, as she reminded me of all the news that kept us riveted for months to the gossip columns. Stuff, I had already forgotten, came crushing back, yes Celia I had actually forgotten about "Marley and Me", and did think, lord, that dog would have been at the pound the next morning if it had been mine. However, if the owner had my thoughts, there would have been no book, or movie & we wouldn't be discussing it now! Also, how did I forget about John Edwards and Sanford & Woods? It all came flashing back, you go girl. And no, I had never quite thought of our First Family and V.P. Family as being the Ricardo's and the Metzes, but food for thought. I always loved that show! Thinking of food, and also having viewed "Julie & Julia" I have to admit, I am more of the Bisquick do in 30 mins or less, quick cook book type myself, so well done, for even attempting one recipe a year from that Julia Child's book! Celia, did lose me on the T.V. shows though, I have never watched any of those at all. I am more of a NCIS fan! Most impressive were the Acknowledgements, does she really have that many friends? Wow! Thanks for the memories and for keeping me turning those pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl.