Emma's Reviews > Her Dark Destiny

Her Dark Destiny by Dave Ferraro

Oct 27, 11

bookshelves: r2r
Read in October, 2011

Okay, I have no idea how to review this book! I don't really know if I liked it or not. There were a few things I liked but there were also a few things I didn't like!

First of all, the main character is great. She has a lot of potential, if only she didn't whine and moan as much. The romance between her and another character wasn't really build up very well. I wasn't cheering for them to get together, simply because the moments they were together were not very special. I think that was the problem with a lot of characters, great potential but not there yet. I didn't have a problem with the amount of characters, but like I said; I did have a problem with the their lack of character, the thing that makes them likeable wasn't there. I don't have to like every character, but I need to have a better idea of who they are.
I didn't like the pov switching, but that's my problem and not the writers. It's just something I don't like in most books. It has to be a very special book if I liked it!

The plot itself was pretty good. I really liked the idea of getting hunters together in one house and training them and stuff. The only thing; I missed was the training? You can't send a team of hunters out without them knowing each other! You can't! They have to have had at least a few days of intensive training. Plus the way the main character trusts them at once is a bit weird for me. One moment she is a closed off girl and the next she wants to be friends with all of them? How can you trust complete strangers with your life? YOU CAN'T! Maybe others don't find this a problem, but I'm a social worker so I know a bit about how people react to stuff and how they behave and I can tell you.. this is not how a group acts. It's not how they act because they are not a group yet. Without the proper techniques, you can't bring a group to trust each other in a short period of time. And I didn't see these techniques anywhere, plus these people have extreme barriers around themselves, that makes it even harder. So it just felt a bit.. unreal to me.

My native language is not english so I can't say anything about grammar and stuff, but the way the characters spoke to each other needs some work. The conversations seemed flat.

This book needs a lot of work, even though it is action packed it feels a bit flat. But I did give it three stars because I can see a lot of potential and I love the idea, it just needs some editing and changes.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Dark Destiny.

10/23/2011