Sophie's Reviews > Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Jun 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy-paranormal, favorites, first-book-series, reviewed
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2012

I was all kinds of excited to get to read Of Poseidon, and now, having read it, I can say that it didn't disappoint.

I loved Emma from moment one. She was snarky, she had a humor that won me over ever since I first read about her. And not only Emma. Anna Banks has done a great job in keeping the story light and hilarious at times.

Usually, I don't mind whether a book has alternating POVs or not, as long as the story is well narrated. In this case, I highly enjoyed Galen's (third person) POV since we get a little glimpse of what he's really thinking, and what's going on that Emma doesn't know about. Ah, and their love story is so sweet! It was that perfect combination of sweetness, misunderstandings and attraction. Incredibly perfect. Beginning aside, I really liked all the side characters. There are not many of them, but I had a great time reading about Rayna, Toraf... Their characters are exquisitely unique and a world on their own. Remembering them makes me want to read it all over again.

The plot, while not immensely complex, kept me guessing at all times. And what's more, I kept guessing wrong! I have a spot of books that don't go the way I first thought. We also get a glimpse of what the Syrena (not mermaid!) world is like in Of Poseidon, but for me it wasn't enough. Left me wanting for more! All in all, this book is one of those enchanting, magic reads that you absolutely cannot miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Poseidon.