Kody Farnsworth's Reviews > The Jewel of Seven Stars

U 50x66
Nov 19, 2014

it was ok
Read in November, 2011

I had initially been interested at the idea of reading this book because I knew nothing about it. I have read Dracula, but most people are familiar with it's storyline never having read it themselves. I will say that as I was reading the book I was proactively trying to think out the plot in advance to try to guess what the conclusion would be. So I was initially captivated by its mystery and intrigue. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in the ending...because nothing happened. I guess movies like "The Mummy" have pre-conditioned me to the expectation of not only the release of some kind of supernatural evil, but also the overthrowing of such an evil entity to restore peace and civility back to the world. After I read this book I discovered that the original ending had been changed by the author. I had read this version of the book, so I sought after the original ending. I am disappointed to say that the original ending also leaves much to be desired. Plus I have too many questions remaining regarding the apparent psychic-like connection between Margaret Trelawny and Queen Tera. What was the cause of Margaret's change of disposition? How would Margaret know the severity of future events?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jewel of Seven Stars.