Phuong Ta's Reviews > Veiled Eyes

Veiled Eyes by C.L. Bevill

Oct 28, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-suspense
Read from October 22 to 28, 2011

What a great book with all the suspense and just the right amount of paranormal. This book was beautifully written with non of the editorial issues that many books are prone to. Some issues I have about this book: wish there were more romantic scenes between Anna and Gabriel, and secondly, there were a lot of loose ends. I'm hoping the author will write a followup book to explain this one. I want to know more about what exactly happened to Anna's mom and the history of her heritage. I get that the Lake people are a group of extended family converging on the surrounding lake properties living together by their paranormal pull towards the lake and the catfish. It's almost like a tall tale told by the elders neither believed nor discredited by the family. I think if Bevill would have retold some scenes about Ana's mom, Gautier and Sebastian, the whole feel of this book would have felt more finished. But who knows there could be more and this was just an intro? Great book all around! Cover needs help though. If this book wasn't free on kindle I would have never even tried it because of the lack of interest from cover!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veiled Eyes.