Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

2201617
Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: ya-series, read-in-2011, young-adult-fiction, angels, ya-fantasy, ya-paranormal
Read from October 22 to 24, 2011

Silence is a read I’ve been anxiously away since I finished reading Crescendo last year. I’ll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible! If you haven’t read the other books in this series, you definitely should!

If you have read the series, you will know that the main character in the story in Nora. I have always really liked Nora since the first book. She did frustrate me at times in Silence, she didn’t always make the best decision about things. I know that the story wouldn’t have been the same if she hadn’t made the decisions she made, but it was still frustrating. Otherwise, I still enjoyed her character.

Patch is definitely the best part of the book for me. Unfortunately, we don’t see much of him during the first half of the book. I kept waiting and waiting for him to show up more, but we don’t see a lot of him until the second half of the book. Patch is so awesome; I really just love his character. I love the way he treats Nora. Oh my gosh, he’s so swoon-worthy!

The secondary characters were pretty so-so for me. I didn’t care for Vee in the first book, but she grew on me in the second book. She didn’t really make much of an impression on me after reading this book. Hank, who we met in the second book, was a great villain, he was so evil!

Mrs. Fitzpatrick did a really great job with the storyline for this book. It definitely had it all; action, suspense, romance. I was completely hooked throughout the book, and I was a bit sad that I finished it so quickly.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book! I am so glad to hear that there’s going to be a fourth book in the series. Bring It On!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

10/22/2011 page 188