Philip's Reviews > Thank You Notes

Nov 01, 11

Read from October 22 to 28, 2011

Look out Jack Handey, there’s a new thinker in town. Or more appropriately, a new thanker. Jimmy Fallon, (or his writers, at least) have dished out some Handey-esque gratitude that I haven’t seen in years. (Granted, I haven’t read Handey’s latest, What I’d Say To the Martians: And Other Veiled Threats so, maybe I should read that before dethroning the man…)

Fallon’s faux thanks read like deep thoughts, with parallel humor. “Thank you... pen I just put in my mouth and started chewing on, for already having bite marks on you to remind me that, Oh yeah, you’re not my pen.”

I’ve never watched his show, but if this is what I can expect, count me in. It’s hilarious. “Thank you... NBC for having a late night feud or twothat could bring us Jimmy Fallon.”

Also, “Thank you... Fox, for picking up Conan. I still love that guy.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thank You Notes.

10/22/2011 page 50
22.0% "Thank you Goshen Public Library for having this book in an accessible place. Thank you Goshen public for not checking it out, so it was right there on the shelf waiting for me."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cait Thank you... Philip, for prompting me to check my library to see if they have a copy. (They do! It's now reserved! By me!) I love Jimmy Fallon (and Conan and Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert).

Philip You're welcome. :) The only problem with this book is that, like the Deep Thoughts books by Jack Handey, it's too short.