Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)'s Reviews > Surrender

Surrender by Lee Nichols

Nov 05, 11

Read from October 22 to 24, 2011

Surrender is the third and final book in Lee Nichols series, Haunting Emma, and it does not disappoint! If you have read the first two books in the series, Surrender will answer all of your questions that were left unanswered. I was literally biting my nails with the suspense. I found that Surrender was a lot less predictable than the first two books in the series. I had no idea where the story would go, and how Bennett and Emma would end up. There were times I felt bad for Bennett and wished everyone would cut him some slack, and then there were times that I wanted to reach in the book and slap some sense into him. Towards the end though, you discover Bennett's plan and it leaves you with a big smile on your face. The way Bennett and Emma love each other was very touching. I love their relationship and have since book one, Deception.

Emma's character also stays very consistent throughout the whole series and that is one of the things I really like. I mean, Emma changes a bit, but she changes for the better. She grows up a little and accepts who she is and what she has to do. Emma and her friends are also closer than ever in Surrender. Harry made me laugh out loud so many times throughout the book… I love him! I would love to read a spin off series based on Harry and Sara.

Even though Surrender is the ending to the series, I feel that it was a very complete ending. Everyone gets what they want and we finally get all the answers we had throughout the whole series. Lee Nichols delivers another page-turner with lots of twist and humor and a little mixture of suspense and romance, and that makes it a five star for me. There is never a dull moment! Who knew chasing after ghost can actually be that exciting?

Although the series is over, I cannot wait to see what Nichols has in store for us next. I love her work and I am so happy I got the chance to read this series.

5 out of 5 Stars!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender.

10/22/2011 page 1