Kaede's Reviews > Walk Two Moons

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

Oct 22, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own, more-than-i-expected, middle-grade, mandatory-reading-for-school
Read in February, 2012

As two completely different stories become one, the truth is finally revealed.

I'll be the first to say that I don't tend to read out of my comfort zone. I mostly read strictly paranormal, contemporary, and fantasy. However, when your teacher assigns you a book, there's no getting out of it. And so I was given a week to read Walk Two Moons.

I have no one to blame for this, other than myself. After reading Walk Two Moons, I was in love with realistic fiction. Or maybe it was really just Walk Two Moons in particular, but, I really did enjoy the reading experience.

I was talking to my friend and she brought up a very interesting aspect to the realistic fiction genre. She was saying how with realistic fiction, the reader will more often than not connect better with the characters, setting, and storyline. I agree.

With Walk Two Moons, kind Sal and wild Phoebe find their fateful encounter bringing out things that never crossed their minds. Sharon Creech is an exceptionally talented author. If you are a very observant reader, you may notice the little hints Creech drops here and there.

This book definitely had that very "possible" feel to it. It had me wondering if anyone I knew was going through what Sal was, and how they were feeling. I wondered if their feelings would mirrored Sal's.

The Best Part: Phoebe Winterbottom and her ridiculous thoughts and actions. I mean, really. A lunatic?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk Two Moons.