Chris Karpyszyn's Reviews > Programming Interviews Exposed: Secrets to Landing Your Next Job

Programming Interviews Exposed by John Mongan

Oct 22, 2011

bookshelves: programming

I would recommend this book to any programmer. Primarily this book is to prepare you for a technical interview. I would also tell any programmer to pick it up and go through the summaries and examples, especially if you are stuck in a job where you are only doing a specific task. This book opened up doors in my memory when it comes to certain things learned long ago in University. The best part is how the solutions are laid out. It steps through it slowly before giving you the best answer, giving you ample opportunity to tackle each problem and refer to the book if you need a hint (just like in an interview).

Topics covered are all the basics, data structures, string manipulation, recursion, concurrency, object oriented programming as well as frequent non technical interview problems and the process to solve them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Programming Interviews Exposed.