Emily's Reviews > The Rise of Nine

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

Dec 04, 13

Read from September 10 to 26, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

09/25/2011
asdfghjkllkjhgf I can't wait for this book.
The ending of The Power of Six left me wanting so much more. D:
I really hope Four can just forget about Sarah though, because he's so much better with Six.

09/26/2012
WELL, for some reason I thought this book was a trilogy, and up until the last page I thought I had been reading the final book in the series. I guess not. It actually works better this way, because as I was getting closer to the end, I kept thinking, "Are they really gonna end this series without even meeting up with Five?" I felt kinda gypped. Now that at least have time to meet up with everyone.
I really liked this book though. The further into the series I get, the more attached to the characters. (Except Sarah. CAN FOUR JUST GET RID OF HER ALREADY? Does he not realize he is DESTINED to be with Six?)
I didn't think I'd have to wait for another book, but here I am again, anxiously awaiting the fourth book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Nine.

09/10/2012 page 14
show 13 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-38)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Bailey I hate Sarah after what she did to him... Six is so much cooler

Emily Ugh yeah, I could so see it coming too. I didn't like her way before that even happened, she just got in the way. -.-

Bailey Yeah, she did and she was kind of annoying too. I don't think she ever really understood why they had to leave Paradise either.

message 35: by Aisha (new) - added it

Aisha and she was Really SELFISH !!!

Bailey I know for turning him in, I was thinking the whole time I was reading and was wondering how turning John in would keep them two together. I just got so annoyed with her at that point.

message 33: by Makayla (new) - added it

Makayla Angel-Merlino me too

Gavin Did u read this yet

message 31: by Sohail (new) - added it

Sohail Plz can someone tell me whee u can get the full book!?
There is only 5 chapters! ;(

Emily You can get it at bookstores..

message 29: by Juli (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juli I hate Sarah so. freaking. much. She should just fall off the face of the earth. She's obnoxious and gets in the way.
I also got way attached to all of the characters. Except for Sarah and Sam. I hate Sarah so much. But Sam isn't that bad, I just never had much interest in him.
I also thought I was reading the last book in the series! Until I got like 50 pages away from the end and I knew it wasn't. The series couldn't just end without five.
(I HOPE FIVE IS A GIRL IN THE NEXT BOOK!)

message 28: by Kaylene (new) - added it

Kaylene Bernardo Does anyone have a clue when the next one is out! btw Sarah just needs to hit the road! i mean what is going to happen if the need to get back home! I love this series!!!

Katrina I love FourSix,and yea! To hell with Sarah xD . Anyway, I am hoping for some NineSix too. GOSH. I can just imagine how awesome they'd be @@

message 26: by Magz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Magz Redbird Oh..PL..please get Sarah out of the picture already! Four is for Six..!!

Nathania Oh my god I totally agree he should be with six. She so much better for him!!!

message 24: by Magz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Magz Redbird Katrina wrote: "I love FourSix,and yea! To hell with Sarah xD . Anyway, I am hoping for some NineSix too. GOSH. I can just imagine how awesome they'd be @@"

Hmm..I 'd want a Four-Six-Nine love triangle on the next book to be honest.. <3

message 23: by Pran (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pran Cheroen i just wish i was part of the book, and maybe i'll "accidentally" stab Sarah or something.Gosh she's so annoying! Gets on my nerves AND gets in the way.

message 22: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Wait...I am Number Four, The Power of Six, The Rise of Nine, that's only four books. Did you refer to the Rise of Nine as the fifth book? o_O

Emily Whooops, I meant to say fourth, as the book after this one.

Hollz I heard there is suppost to be six books in the series .... but I don't know if that's true!

Rachel Wow I can't believe that there's so many people that agree with me. I hate Sarah so much and I wish I could push her off a cliff. Four and Six HAVE to be together. They're so perfect for each other. I will not lose hope!!

message 18: by Azia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Azia I thought that it was a trilogy as well and was freaking oit when i had 30 pages left and ra wasnt killed. but iam glad that four got back with Sarah. They are a good couple. now i juztthave to wait fir the hopefully last one

Kristine Danica Sarah's character really sucks, I mean no development in her character at all and actually she's not important in the story just a distraction to four. I agree that Four and Six should be destined after allthey are both Lorien though thier relationship is really complicated. :)

Paige Four definitely needs to end up with Six. Sarah just need to leave (get killed) or something........

Joyce Lansky Six is too good for Four. He belongs with a sucky character like Sarah because he sucks, too.

Paige Emily wrote: "Ugh yeah, I could so see it coming too. I didn't like her way before that even happened, she just got in the way. -.-"

He got blinded by the wrong person..... I hope he clears his head and gets rid of her!!

Angel Guys should stop thrashing Sarah (even though it's very entertaining).
I'm a SIX fan myself but I dont really hate Sarah.ANYWAYS JOHN AND SIX FOR EVA

message 12: by Dray (new) - added it

Dray Barnes What the hell! Your review completely just ruined the book for me! If you're gonna tell major plot revelations have the courtesy to put "spoiler" before!!!

message 11: by Emily (last edited Aug 01, 2013 12:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily I didn't reveal any major plot details.. if you didn't want to hear any small vague details about the book, then don't thoroughly read reviews until after you've read the book.

Joyce Lansky I was confused by his message, too. I tried to figure out how you ruined the book for him. At least, you didn't reveal how Seven fell in love with a Mog and then used the buried space ship to fly back to Lorein and brain wash Eleven, Twelve, and Fifteen into fighting for the other side. Now, THAT would ruin it!

Andrea Right, right and... Right!! You are absolutely right guys! I thing that sarah (or "the most annoying person in all the habitat planets") is a obstacle in all the ways.
I just want john with six or maybe with nine, but in this equation there is not place for sarah.

Sadia Oh my god! i have the same feeling! I totally think four and six are meant to be together. and i don't hate sarah or anything, but she'll get four killed! and sam is alright. i wish he didn't fancy six.

James yeah I totally agree you may see the sparks with Sarah but you can see the chemistry with six

Sadia what sparks? sarah is a whiny, moody, stupid annoying little witch! no offence to sarah fans

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby Do you think it was planned that Four and Six are good together and Tobias (with his FOUR fears) and Tris (with her SIX fears) are also together in Veronica Roth's series?

Sadia Abby wrote: "Do you think it was planned that Four and Six are good together and Tobias (with his FOUR fears) and Tris (with her SIX fears) are also together in Veronica Roth's series?" you know i was also thinking the same thing. it's such an amazing coincidence (or is it?)

Charlie I'm not one to bash people but I don't Sarah either. I don't understand her role in the book at all. I sooooo want Six and Four to be together but after spending time with Sarah Six will probably back off. As much as it pains me to type this Six is more likely to be with Nine.

Sadia Charlie wrote: "I'm not one to bash people but I don't Sarah either. I don't understand her role in the book at all. I sooooo want Six and Four to be together but after spending time with Sarah Six will probably b..."
actually, i think six is going to be with sam (making a fAce). cuz them two like each other. i don't want sam and six together, it doesn't work!

Charlie Either way Lorien relationships are a disaster waiting to happen. Not one of the relationships make anyone happy.