Kaede's Reviews > The Vampire Stalker

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, contemporary, fluffy-fun, paranormal, vampires
Read in April, 2011

It's more than obvious that The Vampire Stalker was written for a specific type of reader, but for those of you who don't spend hours daydreaming about certain fictional male characters, you can still enjoy this book nonetheless.

I can't decide whether or not The Vampire Stalker is actually young adult. I'm thinking more so middle grade-ish. While the concept definitely fits YA, there was also quite a bit of juvenile dialogue and toned down gory scenes.

You will probably find Amy to be a very relatable protagonist, especially if you fit into the category mentioned in the first paragraph of this review. She isn't the most well-layered character with immense depth, which I expected, but she did have strong willpower. Yeah, that was all it took to satisfy me in this book. I'm surprised too.

Allison Van Diepen also has a good sense of humor, which really added to her book. I'm sure all of us seen people with usernames such as:

(These are actual names I've seen on the internet, if you were wondering.)

But have you ever wondered what it's like if the person you're referring to actually saw your username? I couldn't help but let out a laugh when Alexander discovers Amy's.

It wouldn't do Allison Van Diepen any harm to broaden the vocabulary used in The Vampire Stalker, but that was about the only problem I had with this book. The Vampire Stalker is so much fun, a bit like Deadly Cool with a paranormal twist, I enjoyed it so very much. It was shockingly realistic, that is, if a character coming to life from a book actually took place. But really, if such an event did occur, I'm pretty sure it would play out just like it did in this book.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Stalker.

message 1: by Lina (new) - added it

Lina I love those user names, I cand efinitely see myself having one. :D Is that weird?

Kaede Lina wrote: "I love those user names, I cand efinitely see myself having one. :D Is that weird?"

Haha. Not at all. It just shows how much you love something/someone.

message 3: by Lina (new) - added it

Lina lolol! Well then I love Jace! (city of bones)