Kristina's Reviews > Of Blood and Pulse

Of Blood and Pulse by A. Jacob Sweeny

Mar 18, 12

Read from March 13 to 18, 2012

First off, let me say that I have NO IDEA why it took me so long to finally pick this book up off of my shelf. I have learned my lesson though, and I will definitely be starting book 3 as soon as it arrives at my door.

My mind has been blown!

Of Blood and Pulse is the epic and exciting continuation of The Pulse Myths series and I enjoyed every second of the phenomenal adventure.

This book is rich with history that has been researched tediously and it not only does it make the series even more outstanding, but it is informative and enjoyable at the same time. AJ is one heck of a writer. She weaves a tale so vivid and powerful that I can see the things she describes in my head. She also makes me want to travel to all these amazing places. Plus, the already well developed characters have become even more developed. We get to hear a lot more about everyone's past, especially Elliot's, and we get to meet some new and very interesting characters.

Of Blood and Pulse is every bit as magical as Pulse of Heroes was, only better. It's powerful and full of so much deep emotion. I laughed, nearly cried, and wanted to throw my book across the room. (I would never really do that) It really was amazing how much this novel made me feel. Only a very talented writer can make their reader feel exactly what the characters are feeling, and let me tell you, I felt it!

The romance is breath-taking. The heat level has risen a step since Pulse of Heroes. I loved how AJ wrote the intimate scenes in great detail without them being distasteful or erotic. They really showed the progression of the relationship and still held an innocent factor.

Of Blood and Pulse picks up right where Pulse of Heroes ends, and does not stop. This story was addicting and hard to put down, but I spread it out over a few days so that I could really delve into the story and savor. The sweet/cliffhanger ending left me both completely satisfied and hungry for the next book in the series, Pulse Genesis.
This book is the perfect mixture of romance, suspense, and history, along with exquisite and lyrical writing and a magnificent story. Definitely one of the best books I have read in 2012!

If you have not already, I highly encourage that you pick up Pulse of Heroes, Of Blood and Pulse and A Sword For His Women, a short story in the Pulse world!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Blood and Pulse.

03/13/2012 page 269