Nathalia's Reviews > The Highlander's Heart

Oct 22, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads
Read from October 22 to 25, 2011

I received an advanced copy through a Goodreads giveaway.

Cons :
- The author constantly forgets that she's writing an Historical Romance and uses modern terms quite frequently throughout the novel.
- Clean Romance/Christian Romance. I should state that I was not aware that this was a Christian Romance when I first received the novel. This genre might be a pro for a few readers, but it turned out to be a rather large con for me.
- Hated all the religious themes, the book would've flowed a lot better without the constant ramblings concerning religious beliefs.
- The author also had a rather difficult time with placing the correct surnames with the correct characters. e.g: On page 306, Andrew McNab was called Andrew Campbell.
- I highly disliked how everything somehow manages to work out whenever Isabelle finds herself in a dire situation, which needless to say is quite often.
- I also disliked how David ALWAYS manages to find Isabelle, whether it is on purpose or by complete accident. One would assume that within the vast amounts of areas in which Isabelle took the liberty to explore, the areas would house sufficient amount of people to help prevent such many encounters between both parties.

Pros :
- I would recommend this novel to those who enjoy clean Romance and Christian Romance.
- This novel is also great for those that wish to read something that focuses more on plot rather than romance.
- Very easy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Heart.

10/22/2011 page 112