Tasneem's Reviews > Two Little Lies

Two Little Lies by Liz Carlyle

Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: regency, favorites
Read on December 19, 2011

I cried right through the book. It was just so sad and the writing was brilliant. Viviana and Quin were just the most divine of lovers, unable to speak the truth because of pride and misguided sentiments. Their passion was so absolute, and their feelings so strong. What a combination. I loved this book as can be seen from my 5 stars.
I liked Viviana especially because she made the best choice she could, or what she felt was the best choice. She is a realist, she realises that he is too young, that he can't offer her what she and her baby need. She is willing to sacrifice everything for her father. I liked her - her decisions were wrong, and because of pride she does spend 9 unhappy years [that kind of reminded me of Jane Austen's Persuasion] but she did what she believed in. She held on for love and was willing to marry without love, but not without his.
A really good read, especially if you like weepy stories with a marvellous resolution.
Alice and Herndon are a lovely minor pairing and Esmee is such a wonderful character. I want to read more about her.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Little Lies.