Carolyn (Book Chick City)'s Reviews > Hunting Kat

Hunting Kat by P.J. Schnyder

Guest Reviewed by Grete from 'Book Thing' for www.BookChickCity.com

This is actually a hard story to review because I both loved it and was also a bit disappointed with it. I really liked the premise and it had many elements that I love; good writing, engaging characters, hot sex and shapeshifters in an intriguing sci-fi setting.

The disappointment came from it only being 25,000 words. While it is definitely a complete story, it still felt like two chapters had been taken from a book and I was left wondering where the rest was. P.J. Schnyder did a great job in giving us background and realism to the characters in such a short time, but it felt second place to the two sex scenes which kind of dominated it. While they were very good, I wanted more of the story to wrap around it so that it felt more balanced. I believe there is another story coming and hopefully that will be fleshed out so that it feels more like a book than a snippet.

VERDICT:

An odd mix. It’s an excellent and engaging story but so short I was left wanting a lot more. It did catch my imagination enough that I will definitely be reading the next instalment in the 'Triton Experiment' series and more from P.J. Schnyder.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Kat.