Ben Richardson's Reviews > Silverthorn

Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist

May 16, 2012

Read from May 06 to 16, 2012

Silverthorn is the second book of the authors preferred version of the rift war saga, it immediately enticed me and shocked me for I was expecting another adventure from Pug. Uncommon for most sequels it does not follow the previous main character. Instead it follows that of a Prince rather than an orphaned boy who became a Magician's Apprentice.

The book is immediately filled with changes and mystery. The plot develops quickly as you are reminded of where things were heading from the previous story.
The way the author wrote this story has played an important part in capturing my attention. Almost everything said by each character begins to more clearly define their personality and nature. The way he created suspense and created problems that are fictional or could happen in real life. He clearly defined the skills of each character in the story and what their ambitions were. I enjoyed reading this book and the previous one and hope to get started on the sequel "Darkness at Sethanon", which appears to follow another character from the first two books.

This novel is filled with suspense and mystery, as we explore magic, the history of the elves and Valheru, and a deeper understanding of the connection between the worlds of Midkemia and Kelewan.
New characters are introduced into the saga such as Gamina, the child who talks with her mind and the Hadati Hillman Baru.
The momentum set by Magician is not lost for a moment and it is difficult to put the book down as we follow the saga of magic and a momentous battle between good and evil.

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silverthorn.

04/25 marked as: read