J.H. Sked's Reviews > Haunted on Bourbon Street

Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase

Nov 12, 11

Read from October 22 to November 02, 2011, read count: 1

It took me a while to get through this book, due to a couple of technical malfunctions.

I did find the book uneven, and a little slow moving in parts. The main character, Jade, veered between being likeable and sympathetic to occasionally irritating for me, which made her more real, although there were times I found myself rolling my eyes at her - for a smart girl she jumps to some very obviously incorrect conclusions.

Some very steamy sex scenes and fun secondary characters, with a nasty ex and a very unpleasant bad guy made for a faster pace in the second part of the book, which is where the story really started to hook me.

The romantic lead is great; an almost-bad boy who is really appealing - I wouldn't mind a story focusing a bit more on him and his own special ability.

The strongest part of this book for me is the focus on friendship and how true friends look out for each other; I personally loved seeing how Jade and her friends put themselves on the line repeatedly for the people they care about.

The weakest part is that the start feels a bit uneven in pacing and making you care about the characters, but does start hitting home just before the half-way mark.

Recommended to : anyone who likes a bit of steam with their paranormal romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted on Bourbon Street.