Megan's Reviews > Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong

Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong by Jean-Benoît Nadeau

Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: 52-books-in-52-weeks

Very interesting. I just read this with Justin for one of his classes, and it made me want to take an international studies class in a big way. Despite the kind of tacky cover (which I didn't have to see thanks to the modern tech we call Kindle), it was well-researched and interesting. I'll have a lot to say about this, but I don't want to get too antsy writing about it before Justin writes his paper. I thought, overall, that the book was a pretty fair commentary on various facets of French life. There were, of course, some omissions that I would have liked to learn about, as well as some details I could have done without (the repetitive use of jurisprudence, perhaps?) but for anyone who would like to understand a little more about the French, this would likely be a good jumping-off point. Probably wouldn't suggest it as an insular resource, as I'm sure it is a little colored toward one particular viewpoint, but maybe in a body of lit, it would be helpful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong.