Andrew Hildreth's Reviews > The Scorch Trials

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from February 22 to 24, 2012

After finishing the first book, I did not wait more than an hour to start this one and easily finished it within 3 days! I had to find out what happens next! This series is shaping up to be a big favorite of mine. The story continues on with bigger trials and more mystery, suspense, and intrigue... the elements that really set these books apart. Once again, Dashner divulges just the right amount of information to keep you hooked and wanting more. A few new characters are introduced and of course the twists and turns really make you second guess just about everything. I love it!

When a story can invoke so much emotion, that tells me the story has certainly grabbed my attention and really pulls me in. I love that! There were numerous times I would get frustrated or angry or disheartened at something (or someone), I would almost yell at the book (okay, sometimes I actually did yell). But all of this was in a good way; it makes me like— no, love the book even more.

In the Hunger Games versus Maze Runner series battle, the latter is pulling ahead. Just saying....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scorch Trials.

02/22/2012 page 133
37.0% "I have never been so hooked to a book (series) as I am about this one!! I am amazingly absorbed in this story!"
02/23/2012 page 240
67.0% "I just can't get enough of this story! What a roller-coaster ride! I love it!"