Visionary's Reviews > Dragon Actually

Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken

Apr 09, 12

Read from April 02 to 09, 2012

New to me author that came highly recommended by a variety of folks. In some book groups they were dismayed that I have never read G.A. Aikens/Shelly Laurenstone.

Reason I chose Dragon Actually is well due to the dragon elements. Anyone that knows me or sees my living room knows I am into dragons.

Okay, so I am half-way through the book. People who love Aiken tells me it is full of humor. Guess I was looking for Sandra Hill type of humor, maybe even Jill Shalvis. So far I never read anything that made me giggle or laugh outright.

Totally loving the unique names she has given ALL her characters. Very creative and DIFFERENT! Names such as Fearghus. Annwyl. Morfyd. Keita, Eibhear. Such names you would never see too much in other books, names one could see ME usign.

Another point in Aiken's direction... This more engaged my love for fantasy books. Minus the sex - I could see this book appealing to those who love fantasy books. This reads just like Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Actually.

04/08/2012 page 136
show 2 hidden updates…

Adria (Romance Reviews) I love this book!

Visionary About to start... I was told by Jaci Burton that it is filled with humor and I'm a dragon fangirl

Adria (Romance Reviews) Visionary wrote: "About to start... I was told by Jaci Burton that it is filled with humor and I'm a dragon fangirl"

You'll like it and the books that come after and yeah there's a lot of humor in it.

Visionary Good. I like humor. Why I like Jill Shalvis, Sandra Hill and Annette Blair's books for the humerous element (and Sherrilyn)

Adria (Romance Reviews) Visionary wrote: "Good. I like humor. Why I like Jill Shalvis, Sandra Hill and Annette Blair's books for the humerous element (and Sherrilyn)"

I do too! I'll have to try the other authors you named, never can have too many books.

Visionary The only Blair books I read are the Witch ones. They really cracked me up. Sandra Hill is about Vikings and the other.. HILARIOUS.. Jill Shalvis - Lucky Harbor and Animal series. Oh man light hearted fun

Adria (Romance Reviews) Visionary wrote: "The only Blair books I read are the Witch ones. They really cracked me up. Sandra Hill is about Vikings and the other.. HILARIOUS.. Jill Shalvis - Lucky Harbor and Animal series. Oh man light hear..."

In that case I'll keep them in mind when I need some light reading. I am gathering as many books as I can to read and review.

Visionary Oh man I have many in my TBR list. I have the last three in Thea Harrison's to read. Allison Pang, Meljean Brook's steampunk books. Then some highlander books