Heather C's Reviews > Master of Crows

Master of Crows by Grace Draven

Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, historical, ebook, paranormal-romance, smashwords, witches-wizards-magic, enemies-to-lovers, faves, lots-of-tension, cloud, review-on-amazon
Recommended to Heather C by: ♡Karlyn P♡
Read from October 24 to 28, 2011

Amazing…Incredible…Exquisite…Marvelous…Fantastic…Beautiful…

I'm going to attempt to write a review for this but in no way will I come near to doing it justice. It was just that great! I was drawn in and hooked from the very beginning. The historical/fantasy world was intricate and brilliantly described to the point that it impacted all of my senses; the frangrance of the oranges, the sounds of Neith, the touch of Silhara, the taste of Dragon Piss and the images of the Gift. The character development was flawless even with all their complexities.

The story is enemies-to-lovers themed revolving around Silhara (H) and Martise (h). Silhara is a poor orange farmer and outcast mage known as the Master of Crows. His deep dark secret is that he is the reborn avatar to the god Corruption. Martise is a plain, servant slave loaned to Silhara for research and translations. (Actually she is there to earn her freedom by spying on Silhara and providing proof of his crimes of treachery and heresy) In return, he is supposed to help her Gift manifest. Um, I will just say that nothing went exactly as planned. Even with all the darkness, I loved their snarky wit and humerous banter. I actually found myself laughing so hard my eyes were watering. Also, the sexual tension between them was thick and the sex was scorching hot!

I was too enamored with the story to highlight many quotes, but this one in particular affected me:
"Did I please you?"
Silhara raised his head slowly to stare at her. High color flagged his cheekbones. His pupils swallowed the lighter black of his eyes. "Please me? You've vanquished me."

The story does end with a HEA but there is some angst along the way. It had some really intense moments and I had to take a few breaks near the end to settle my stomach and catch my breath. (view spoiler) But this amazing love story was worth it.

So, now that you've suffered through my pathetic excuse for a review, I would like to direct you to KarLynP's amazing review!!!

I loved this story and highly recommend it to everyone! It will not be one that I will soon forget. Plus, the current price is only $2.99!!!

I think this might be the best book I've read all year!!!
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of Crows.

10/24/2011
10/26/2011
13.0% ""Yes, Master. I've worked among livestock all my life, including cows, pigs, goats...and asses.""
10/27/2011
65.0% "This has to be the best het book I've read all year!!!!" 8 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

MsMiz (Tina) Just got this over at Amazon for 2.99!

Heather C oh really, i was for it on Amber quill thinking I could use my freebi coupon from the retreat but I can't find it there

♡Karlyn P♡ It's also lendable. I've already lent my copy, but someone here surely could lend you there copy when they are done. But it is worth the $2.99 too.

MsMiz (Tina) Well if it is lendable, HC, you can borrow mine and I can read it when you are done!

Heather C Thanks ladies. I'm reading the 30% sample from smashwords. I will just get it from there if I'm hooked by then.

message 6: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Heather this was not a pathetic review, it pretty much tells me you loved it lol!!

Heather C I did love it. I have no complaints at all. Not even tiny ones

message 8: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon C. Great review, looking forward to reading it.

♡Karlyn P♡ What a great review!! I'm so glad you loved it too! It blew me away, I just loooooved this one so much. I want to reread parts of it but my copy is currently on Kindle loan, but I should have it back in a few days so I can re-read some of those great scenes again.

Heather C Thanks Shannon

K, I know how you feel. Some of the scenes melted me!

♡♥Ang ♥♡ Love your review babe!!!

~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~ Great review HC! Thanks for the rec. I'm off to buy it! :D

~~~Heather S.~~~ Great review!!

Heather C Thanks ladies!

♡Karlyn P♡ Heather C wrote: "Thanks Shannon

K, I know how you feel. Some of the scenes melted me!"

two words: rug burn :-) Loved it.

Heather C *sigh* that must have been some really bad rug burn. and the "3 breast" joke kept cracking me up. And the bed was always too far away!

~V~ Wow HC!!..great review...i'm def. gonna be reading this one!

Heather C Read it V!

message 19: by Lavinia (new) - added it

Lavinia Lewis Okay, not my usual read I'll admit, but how could I resist a review like this? :P Just bought it, will read soon. Thanks for the rec Heather!

P.S. you missed an adjective - Stupendous!!! *g*

Heather C L, Oh hope you like it. I try to read at least 1 mf book a month and usually I'm praying for it to end soon so I can get back to mm. But with this book, I didn't want it to end!

PS. The "dot dot dot" is for you to fill in your own adjectives!

~V~ Heather C wrote: "Read it V!"

I will!..i've put it on my kindle! :)

message 22: by Lavinia (new) - added it

Lavinia Lewis LMAO! it does sound good I'll admit. And hey, there's nothing wrong with a little M/F action every once in a while(Okay, very, very, very rarely!) lol!

Seriously though, it sounds great, I'm looking forward to reading it and I'm sure I can come up with many more adjectives. :P

message 23: by Ami (new)

Ami While THANK YOU for recommending me this, but the historical AND the fantasy AND the m/f perspective are not really my thing :). I'm happy to see you find a great book though. I've been in a slump myself lately ...

Heather C Ami wrote: "While THANK YOU for recommending me this, but the historical AND the fantasy AND the m/f perspective are not really my thing :). I'm happy to see you find a great book though. I've been in a slump ..."

I know how slumps are. The last few weeks have been pretty rough. Hope you can find something amazing and send me a rec if you do.

Heather C Lavinia wrote: "LMAO! it does sound good I'll admit. And hey, there's nothing wrong with a little M/F action every once in a while(Okay, very, very, very rarely!) lol!

Seriously though, it sounds great, I'm look..."

Email me! Don't make me wait for your review!

message 26: by Lavinia (new) - added it

Lavinia Lewis Lol, no problem, I'll send you updates!

Melindeeloo Thanks for rec'ing this I read the sample and bought the book...

Heather C Yay! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Melindeeloo!

Melindeeloo I really enjoyed this, thanks again:)