Britni's Reviews > The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential

The 5 Levels of Leadership by John C. Maxwell

Oct 21, 11

Read in October, 2011

What makes a good leader? A title? People skills? Getting work done? How about all of the above. In John Maxwell's new book, he explains what he calls the Five Levels of Leadership - position, permission, production, people development, and pinnacle - and tips for achieving each of these different levels in your own leadership roles.

I really liked how organized this book was. The first few chapters provided the background behind the five levels of leadership and then the subsequent chapters walk through details regarding each of the levels. Each specific level includes information regarding the upsides, downsides, how to make the most of the position, and ways to transition from that level to the next one up the ladder. I felt that this organization allowed me to get the most out of the book, and there was a lot to get out of the book so I really appreciated that.

Overall a great book on leadership and learning how to develop better leadership skills. I'd recommend it to anyone who is in or would like to be in a leadership role. 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 5 Levels of Leadership.