Jeanette's Reviews > Still Life

Still Life by Louise Penny

F_50x66
Oct 21, 11

Read in September, 2011

This review actually covers most of the Louise Penny books which I have been reading in the past few weeks. Most of the mysteries occur in the lovely little village of Three Pines in Quebec which Louise Penny has populated with delightful set of characters. Their is Ruth who has won the Governor General's prize for poetry but who can't say anything nice to anyone and loves to drink other people alcohol. She also has Rosa the duck who follows her around. The home of Clara and Peter, two local artists, is a frequent gathering place for friends to gather for a potluck dinner. Victor and Gabri, an interesting Gay couple, run the local Bistro and B & B.

The detectives for the Surte(sp?)Quebec are frequently called to Three Pines to solve a murder. Gamache the head of the Surte Quebec and his officers are equally interesting characters.

For me, the crime is not terribly important to the story, because I love the interaction of the characters and the life in the lovely little village. I care about all of the characters and empathize with them when there are problems. The books also make me hungry, because the characters are always eating delicious sounding meals served up at the Bistro.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Life.