Johanna's Reviews > Somebody Killed His Editor

Somebody Killed His Editor by Josh Lanyon

Feb 19, 12

bookshelves: josh-lanyon, m-m, mystery, favorites, jl-book-of-the-month
Read from February 10 to 15, 2012

Why haven't I read this book earlier?!

I fell blindly and unconditionally in love with Kit! He seems to be struggling with his mid-life crisis big time: his long-term relationship has just ended, his career is going downhill, he is concerned about his health, he feels awfully old and he complains a lot about all and everything. What is there not to like about this man?! I enjoy the way he sees the world and himself through snarky lenses and I absolutely love the unbeatable logic of his!

And maybe it all comes down to the fact, that I've always enjoyed the way Josh Lanyon's characters are a bit older and have already been through a lot in life. A while back when reading paranormal romance I eventually grew tired of the fact that almost all the heroines where about 20 years old with superhero abilities. The fact that Kit is the same age than me is definitely a bonus - I can totally (well... maybe not totally) relate to him and his weird line of thought. ;) I thought that him being slightly grumpy about his age was only cute. Behind all that reluctance of his there is something truly disarming about him!

The way Lanyon is kindly making fun of this aging writer, who hates writers retreats, but unyieldingly loves his Miss Butterwith is fascinating. LOL! I can only imagine how much fun it has been to come up with names to the imaginary books of Miss Butterwith series and the subjects of the lectures held in the retreat. Ha! Overall it feels to me, that this must have been a fun book to write! The joy about writing Kit's story comes across so clearly.

Did I mention J.X. already? No? These two men seem to be contrary to one another - in other words a perfect fit. I sincerely hope that J.X. will have enough patience with Kit and his character in the future. I'm afraid Kit would be completely lost without him - although he doesn't realize it himself (or wouldn't at least never admit it). He really needs somebody to kick his butt now and then. J.X. qualifies perfectly for that job! :) So, I have my fingers crossed for them.

Anyway, this book was exactly what I needed right now! Can't wait to start reading All She Wrote. Thank you again, Josh Lanyon! You never ever let me down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somebody Killed His Editor.

Quotes Johanna Liked

Josh Lanyon

Focus on someone else’s problems for a change, I instructed myself. You need the practice.
From now on you’ll have to live in a world you didn’t make up. Horrible thought.”

Josh Lanyon
“You couldn't hurt a fly."

Actually I was pretty good at pinging flies right out of the air, but I tried to look appropriately harmless.”

Josh Lanyon
“I didn't approve of murder on general principles. Not even of people who seemed to go around begging for it.”