Michelle's Reviews > The Bourne Supremacy

The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum

F 50x66
Oct 21, 11

Read in October, 2011

My first thought will give you an idea of how this book reads: I am so happy to be done with it! The plot is terribly complex and if you are clueless about the Far East/China and try to follow it, good luck to you! The book and the movie are not similar and this is one of the rare instances where I found the movie better than the book.

In the movie, his wife is killed right away. Not so in the book. The wife annoyed me to no end. Here's what I thought of that:

As for the economic "genius", Marie St Jacques, I find it astounding that to conceal her appearance, all she has to do is 1. push back her gorgeous red hair, 2. not wear makeup, 3. wear flats instead of heels, 4. not wear form fitting clothing. Wow - instantly unrecognizable! So I guess she normally has a red Afro, wears clown makeup, 9 inch heels, and a body suit. You know a man is writing this.

If Marie is so smart then why do her stupid clues not work with Bourne but alert McAllister? And my God could she be more obvious? Maple tree? She's Canadian for Pete's sake!

Finally, I liked Bourne and D'Anjou working together. It reminded me of Anakin and Obi Wan Kenobe.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bourne Supremacy.

message 1: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Her concealed appearance trick would certainly fool me, LOL.

Judy Goldich I must agree. It took quite an effort to acquire it in my Kindle, and the two best things I can write are

1. You can download it for free.
2. I'm glad I finished it.

Reading it was more effort than the multiple step process of acquiring it. I read it when it was newly released, and must add: it hasn't aged gracefully at all.