Orlane's Reviews > Enshadowed

6742098
Nov 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ya
Read from November 06 to 21, 2012

Well... This book was a disappointment to me. Maybe I had to many expectations because of the fabulous first book that Nevermore was. I don't know I felt like nothing was happening in this book. I have not yet read Poe's tales so I didn't get the references to his works in the book except for the obvious ones of course !

The main asset of this book was the writing style and the protagonist: Isobel.

Kelly Creagh's writing style is really beautiful and the descriptions are really well executed, however it didn't help the pacing of the book.
Isobel is a character that I could easily relate to, I think she is thoughtful and determined. What I also liked was the familial aspect of this book but it focused too much on it.

The big disadvantage of this novel was his lack of Varen, and for too much time. I don't want to give anything away but I missed him.
I also would have liked to know a little bit more about the story of Varen and Lilith, of reynolds and Poe... Maybe in the third book.

Overall, this book was a disappointment for me and even though it has a stunning cover and an amazing premise, it didn't deliver to me. I'm even more sorry that I really loved nevermore.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enshadowed.

11/06/2012