Victoria's Reviews > Hunters of the Dusk

Hunters of the Dusk by Darren Shan

Oct 21, 11

bookshelves: children, vampires
Read on October 21, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

So this book picked up 6 years after the previous book. I have no idea why this author loves writing about things 6 years later. I find it kind of annoying, there would be so many things that would have occurred. For example, Darren took the trials the 2nd time and passed. I would certainly have liked to see how he passed it.

But well, at least this time round, it showed that Darren was even more mature. He has really grown since the last book, and I wanted to at least witness some of that.

Its kind of too sudden for me. But well, back to the story. I think Mr Tiny is really cool though. Sure, he's evil and all, but still cool!

Anw, back to business. so he came and told them about their slim chances for survival and who they had to count on. Blah blah blah. Its just talking, i won't say too much, I don't want to give away the entire story.

So basically, I liked the introduction of the new characters here, namely Vancha and Evanna. Heh, Vancha was soooo funny!! I loved it when he was teasing Evanna and all.

One reason why I found this book good was because of the even mix of action and talking. It wasn't like long long talk, then finally action. It was action interspersed with talking and that kept the book from being dull.

It was kinda sad they missed their chance, but well, at least they did something...

I did enjoy reading this, and I felt this was one of the better ones of the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunters of the Dusk.