Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > Touch of Power

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

May 19, 15

bookshelves: arc, blog-tour, for-review, from-publishers, favorites-ya, fantasy-historical, signed
Read from January 08 to 10, 2012

"I don't want to be your friend, Avry." Kerrick stroked my cheek, then leaned in and kissed me.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have NEVER read any of Maria V.Snyder's work before and I'm seriously kicking myself because Touch of Power proves that this author has a talent for creating magical and spell-binding stories that will captivate you from start to end and honestly just want more!

Fantasy novels usually aren't my first choice when I read a book but Touch of Power sounded so good, I knew I had to try it. And I'm so pleased but I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The world that Maria has created it very imaginable, easy to follow and so engrossing that you can't help but love it.

Characters like Avry, Belen, Loren and of course, Kerrick are one of the main reasons I love reading. I fell in love with all these characters and days after finishing this book I'm still thinking about them. Their all loveable, protective and loyal and they all bring a certain quality to the story. I loved watching their relationships develop and became such a close family but I have to say, I did have my doubts about Kerrick to start with. He was so mean but as the novel goes on, it's impossible to hate him - even though Avry thinks she does. You can see what's truly happening and even though he's trying to stay loyal to his King, he can't help love Avry and she can't help but love him. I loved it!

The story itself had so many exciting twists and turns with sacrifices and betrayals. It was filled with happy moments and sad moments and I can not wait to continue on with Avry and the guys journey. I'm so pleased this isn't a stand alone book because it was pure awesomeness! Maria V Snyder has me convinced....I need to read more of work SOON!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Power.

Quotes Donna {Book Passion for Life} Liked

Maria V. Snyder
“I reached out blindly, clasped a warm hand, faded from life and into peace.
Well, that was what was supposed to happen.... Except an annoying, distracting tug kept pulling and yanking....
When I woke, I thought I had overcome the pull and stayed in the afterlife. Whiteness billowed over me in soft waves. My body was cushioned and cocooned in warmth. I stretched my legs and then tried to raise my arms, but my left arm wouldn't budge. Rolling over, I encountered a number of very unpleasant realities.
I was alive. I was in a room. I was naked except for a blood-stained bandage wrapped tight around my stomach. Kerrick lay beside me. And his hand trapped mine.
Kill. Me. Now.”
Maria V. Snyder, Touch of Power

01/08/2012 page 1
01/09/2012 page 140
36.0% "Is it bad that I really like Merrick? ;)"
01/09/2012 page 150
38.0% "I so want to read more but I've got to go to work! Boooo!"
show 3 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Hannah (Jaedia) I knew you'd love her! :D I want to say "you NEED to read Poison Study next" but I still haven't read the Glass trilogy or her dystopian books so I couldn't say which are better. Still - Poison Study is wonderful!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Yay! I know right. I even sat there last night looking for a quote and ended up reading the last 20 pages. lol I LOVED IT!!!