Charlotte's Reviews > The Awakening & The Struggle

The Awakening & The Struggle by L.J. Smith

Oct 21, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in August, 2011

After the introduction of Twilight into mainstream culture, Vampires seem to be the fascination of the nation, with many readers picking Vampire Fiction over others.

The Vampire Diaries was written before Twilight however you cannot help but compare the two guys one girl format among other things.

I really enjoy this series and the first book was no exception. I couldn't put the book down, it really captivated my imagination and catapulted me into the world. The book is an easy read and only took me a few hours to finish the two novels. The story-line keeps you hooked.

I began reading this after the TV series (bad mistake). In my personal opinion the TV show is better than the books as I feel that I can identify with the characters a lot more. The characters on the TV show are also a lot more likable. However, the books are well written and a really good read thus i believe i would have liked them more if I had started off in the other direction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening & The Struggle.