Cortney's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: romance, favorite-series, what-would-you-do
Read from December 02 to 03, 2011

Edit: 1/19/12, 3.5 stars because I really love the epilogue. I don't love this one as much as I do the first book in the series and I think it's about 100 pages too long.

*ARC review*

“And now my past and my future are colliding in a way I never thought possible.” --Christian Grey, Fifty Shades Darker

If he only knew what was to come…

In Fifty Shades Freed Anastasia Steele finally gets the heart and flowers she has wanted since the day she first laid eyes on Christian Grey. After a whirlwind romance that one would call anything but normal, Anastasia Steele is now Anastasia Grey and Christian whisks her off on the honeymoon of her dreams.

Once the honeymoon is over…things really get interesting. Everyone comes with baggage, but Christian Grey has more than most. The skeletons in his closet has complicated his relationship with Ana from the beginning. And now Ana has to find the strength to deal with all the issues that come along with loving a man like Christian Grey. No matter how hard Christian tries to move on with this life, his exes just keep popping up when he least expects it. Leila is desperate to know what makes Ana so special that Christian chose to marry her. And Ms. Robinson still refuses to believe that Ana can fulfill all of Christian’s needs. His past relationship with Elena comes back to haunt him in the worst way.

“What did I expect? I married this man too quickly. I knew it—I knew it would come to this. Why. Why. Why? How could he do this to me? -—Anastasia Grey

And let’s not forget about Mr. Jack Hyde. After Christian had him fired and ruined his career, Jack has made it his personal mission in life to destroy Christian by any means necessary. I wasn’t really surprised in how this played out, but I did enjoy the twist.

It’s refreshing to read about a couple who aren’t “perfect” for each other. Both Christian and Ana understand that it will take a lot more than just love to make their relationship work. It’s a first for both of them. They have only known each other for a short period of time.

In Fifty Shades Freed, Ana and Christian’s love is put to the test time and time again, but no matter what, they weather the storm together. A great combination of romance and action, Freed is a satisfying end to a great series. Well done, Ms. James.

P.S. Hands down, Fifty Shades Freed has the best epilogue I’ve read in a very long time. I would buy this book just for it.

P.P.S. Taylor is awesome and deserves his own book. What can I say? He’s a badass.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

Comments (showing 1-13)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Aestas Book Blog you have read it????? omg please post your review... I'm going crazy waiting for Jan!!

Cortney Lol, I will post it soon. :)

Aestas Book Blog *squeeee* lol

Taryn at My Secret Romance You've read the final copy? Not the fanfic that I hear is floating about?

Cortney I received an ARC of the final copy. I've never read the fanfic.

message 8: by Taryn at My Secret Romance (last edited Dec 18, 2011 12:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Taryn at My Secret Romance Great review, you didn't give much away which is great. How did you receive on ARC? Did she do a giveaway?

Cortney Yeah, I made sure to avoid any spoilers since it won't be published for a month. I plan to do an update once it's published. She said she plans on doing some giveaways from her website in the near future so you may want to check there.

message 6: by Taryn at My Secret Romance (last edited Dec 18, 2011 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Taryn at My Secret Romance Thanks so much, Cortney, for both answers. Oh, and I am totally jealous you've read Fifty's last book. :)

Kristin - *Nocturnal Bites* Great review, totally psyched for this book!!

Cortney Thanks Kristin.

Cortney I bet Christian rubbed off on them. I would love a Taylor book. I think an Elliott book would be interested too, he is so funny.

Bookie | The BookChick Very good review Cortney :).

Cortney Thanks Bookie!