Teena R.'s Reviews > The Grimm Legacy

Dec 01, 12

bookshelves: fairy-tales, world-within-worlds, young-adult
Read from October 21, 2011 to December 01, 2012

First impression:

Always love these "fairy tales are true" book. Bonus points for "SFs are true". And the Lovecraft corpus made me squee.

Final verdict:

This is a cute Children/YA fantasy I haven't seen for a while and a nice breeze of fresh air. The world is not that dark and grim (pun!) but an adventurous place filled with magic and mystery.

Elizabeth (the female lead) is relatable. She might be a bit goody-goody but it fit the fairy tales element of the story, down to the evil stepmother. And I like Aaron soooooo much. Could I have one in real life? One cute, funny, sarcastic SF geek please!

The idea of borrowing repository where you could borrow stuffs, and magical stuffs even, is fantastic. The mythology is nicely done eventhough a bit flat. More details could come in the next book perhaps? Like the explanation of why noone trying to take over the world with the items though.

All in all a pleasant sunny day read, with zero angst and agone involved. I have only one request, could we go into Lovecraft Corpus next time?
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grimm Legacy.

Kanechroncilesrules Me too! About half done. I wish Aaron was real... Total dream guy!