Victor Gentile's Reviews > To Have and To Hold (Bridal Veil Island, #1).

To Have and To Hold (Bridal Veil Island, #1). by Tracie Peterson

Oct 21, 11

Read in October, 2011

Tracie Peterson And Judith Miller in their new book, "To Have and To Hold" Book One in the Bridal Veil Island series published by Bethany House brings us to Georgia in 1886.

The Civil War ended in 1865 and The Reconstruction Era began and that ended in 1877. Eleven years later and the wounds of that period are still not healed with anger and bitterness still directed towards the North. Audrey Cunningham is moving back to her ancestral home on Bridal Veil Island, Georgia. She is relocating simply because her father, Boyd, needs her as he recuperates from his alcoholism. The Cunningham's come home to find a different island than when they left. Wealthy investors plan to build on the island and their own home is helping to house the workers.

Marshall Graham is a Northern contractor that Boyd has asked to look out after Audrey though he cannot figure out why; Audrey does not like him. Despite the friction these two must get along because someone appears to be sabotaging the construction work at the resort and Audrey's life is endangered. Can these two put aside their differences and see the wonderful relationship that they could have? Here's a hint: the name of the island is Bridal Veil Island.

"To Have and To Hold" explores the theme of making assumptions about people. Sometimes, based on our own experiences, we make judgements about others without any facts to back them up and we assume the worst about them. Later, when we have the facts, we find how wrong we were and we have to apologize having waster a lot of time to really get to know the person. Tracie Peterson And Judith Miller have written a well done novel that I recommend highly.

If you would like to to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours a day non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station http://www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Have and To Hold (Bridal Veil Island, #1)..