Saly's Reviews > Dare To Remember

Dare To Remember by Debra Cowan

3192922
This book opens up with the hero Mace, a cop shocked to find his fiancee Devon in the station. Devon has always managed to ignore his reality of being a cop and she comes to break up their engagement saying that ever since her cop father was murdered she has realized that she is not strong enough.

A year later, Mace is still investigating the murder of Devon's father and trying to tell himself that life is not lacking, so what if he can't get into dating, he is fine.
Devon on the other hand has convinced herself she has moved on and is dating(and not sleeping with) an accountant.

Now, let me tell you the reason I disliked this book, one name, Devon. I have never ever disliked a heroine more I think, she was one whiny, hurtful piece of work and seemed to be perpetually scared and disregard the fact that she hurt Mace but still made gooey eyes at him.

As it turns out she witnessed her father's murder, suppressed it and then has to hide with Mace. I for one really wanted Mace not to take her back or moon over her since I didn't see anything good in her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dare To Remember.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully I hate annoying heroines

Saly Me too Scully, I am thinking of making a shelf in their honour soon.

message 3: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Great review Saly!
Yup the annoying heroine can kill a book everytime, overshadowing anything good