Carrie Kellenberger's Reviews > Living Dead in Dallas

2048986
Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal
Read from October 20 to 24, 2011

I enjoyed Book Two of the Sookie Stackhouse series much more than Book One. I found myself smiling pretty much throughout the entire book, and especially during the orgy scene. The thought of Eric in pink Lycra makes me laugh.

Naturally, I'm comparing the books with the TV series, and I'm honestly surprised at the differences between the two. I love True Blood and wasn't sure what to think when I started reading the first book. This is mainly because the books are told from Sookie's perspective and there aren't as many story lines running parallel to her relationship with the vampires.

I've also enjoyed learning about Sookie's relationship with Eric, which is much better explained in the books. Eric doesn't seem nearly as evil in the books as he does on the show. Then again, I'm only on Book Two, so things could change. More on that later!

The only thing that I find mildly annoying with the books is that Sookie seems a bit more dependent on the vampires than she does in the series. What's up with the vampires constantly carrying her around? It reminds me a bit of Edward and Bella in the Twilight series.

The Sookie Stackhouse series are a light and entertaining read and they're perfect for vacation or for long distance travel. It's not often that I would choose between a television series and a series of books, but in this case, True Blood wins hands-down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Dead in Dallas.