Marulett's Reviews > Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

I started this book really not knowing what to expect since this is the first mermaid book I pick up and the reviews I read were total opposites some loved the book and some didn´t like the story at all.

So I guess that I would put myself in the grey area. I really liked some parts but had issues with a bunch of stuff. For example the untimely death of a character whose participation in the story would have made the book richer and more intense.

Also, that females don´t get much say in their life and should do whatever the males tell them but this is understandable since the impression the book gave me is that this underwater society is really old fashioned.

Ok, stop stalling Marina (yes I talk to myself out loud sometimes)...in a nutshell this book has the typical YA MO, ubber yummy hero, our resident mermaid, Galen and a heroine, Emma, who of course has no clue of her hidden talents.

I was going with 3 stars, but the snarky comments that Emma throws at Galen and the fact that by the end of the book I was actually hooked with the story I´m giving it 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Poseidon.