Brenda Knight's Reviews > A Ring, a Dance, a Second Chance

A Ring, a Dance, a Second Chance by Jonell Kirby Cash

Jan 13, 12

Read from December 19, 2011 to January 07, 2012

I received a copy of this book from the author for review.
I truely enjoyed this story of first love that did not last, but was rekindled late in life after both people lost their spouses due to death.
Taylor and Katie were so very entertaining, as were their extended families. I really admired Katie's confident independent spirit. Traveling to China as a single senior citizen, (although with a tour group) showed her strength and secure sense of self. Taylor's decision to accept the request to run for Mayor with no political experience indicated his strong character and confidence.
I loved how Taylor stood by his friend Bobby without questioning his innocence or worrying about the possible negative effect on his campaign.
All of the characters are very well written and rounded out. The story of rekindling a love after 50 years is charming and realistic.
My only issue with the book is the ending felt too abrupt. In my opinion, there should have been at least one more chapter.
I've communicated my concern with the author. She will be writing more about this couple in the future. I eagerly await more of Taylor & Katie's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Ring, a Dance, a Second Chance.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jonell Cash A Ring, a Dance, a Second Chance by Jonell Kirby Cash

Dear Brenda: Thanks for the lovely write up and rating. It is enjoyable seeing how people see the characters in my book and YES, it is difficult kindling a second love/marriage after the age of 50. Look for my continuation of Katie and Taylor. I will alert you in advance.

I sincerely appreciate you reading my book, and giving the book your review.

Jonell Cash