James's Reviews > Marvel Comics in the 1960s: An Issue-By-Issue Field Guide to a Pop Culture Phenomenon

Marvel Comics in the 1960s by Pierre Comtois

M 50x66
Oct 20, 11

bookshelves: comic-books, marvel
Read in August, 2010

As a fan of Silver Age comics, I couldn't have been more happy with Marvel Comics in the 1960s. It is absolutely spot on when it comes to what made Marvel Great during this period of comic book history. While some complain of formatting, anything lacking in the book was easily compensated for in pure content. The author clearly loves these old comics as much as I have, and it shows in his writing, while providing great commentary on many of the very best stories from our heroes, Stan, Kirby and the rest of them behind the Marvel Machine that brought the industry to a whole new level. But you'll find more than just writing in here! Its stocked with interesting illustrations and excerpts, and great panels right out of the comic books themselves. Definitely a must have for any Silver Age fan, that will make you want to go pick up the old mags and read 'em all over again!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marvel Comics in the 1960s.