Kai's Reviews > The Lost Angel

U 50x66
Oct 30, 2011

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from October 25 to 29, 2011

Having the glossary at the beginning of The Lost Angel is wonderful concept. The glossary helps me familiarize the subjects, people and things that are in the book. There is so much facts and myths to the story that if I were to read the book without the glossary, I would have been lost.

The Lost Angel has so many myths and biblical stories from one religion to another regarding the great flood and the communication to God. The legend of Noah's Ark has always fascinated me just as the story of Atlantis. Could Atlantis have exist before the great flood? It could have happened but than again, it's just a theory. To learn that there is a story of a direct line to communicate to God has me curious. I have never heard of John Dee or the adamanta stones. It makes prayers are just a one-way communication to God or an answering machine with messages waiting to be answered. I'm always good for an archaeological story about an ancient religious relic that define civilization.

The story of the Lost Angel overall was a bit tedious that if it was not for the background story, I would have stop reading. It was the background story that held my attention. Throughout the story, you can't tell who is on which side. You don't know what each side's agenda is. Is it for power to hold the device to communicate to the angels and God or is it to save the world by some divine intervention? The story isn't in black or white and there are no good guys or bad guys. It's in a shade of grey or figuring the lesser of the two evils. You can't really tell until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Angel.