Tj's Reviews > A Human for Christmas

A Human for Christmas by Mark Alders

Sep 06, 2015

bookshelves: read-2011
Read in December, 2011

Mark:) I love the concept behind this one. Inspired by a GI Joe. Greg is bold and brash. He is an old school sounding fellow. He is given into the care of Anton. Anton is very excited to have a human to care for just like his friend, Donnal, has a human, Jarrod. It's a big thing to have a human. Anton and Greg seem to hit it off well. When Donnal comes over with Jarrod, Greg can see there is more than just friendship between the aliens. Greg decides to step in and get Anton and Donnal together. There are some hurtles though, licensing, Donnal getting bonded and Jarrod's hatred of Greg to name a few.

I had to laugh a little at Greg. He is such a in your face guy. He is great. Unlike some of Mark's books Greg appears to be older, though Anton and Donnal are young. Typical of Mark there is nakedness;) I was actually surprised how little nakedness there was. I loved the creativity that Mark always shows in his books. 20 foot tall blue, furry aliens. Yup, never would I have come up with that one. I really thought that having the character, Greg, talk about how beautiful the love was between the couple just made that much more of an impact. Greg seems so rough and crass but really has a bit of a soft heart. The ending leaves this book set up for a possible sequel. Will we see one...?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Human for Christmas.