Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > A Temptation of Angels

A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: angel-books, arc, demons, netgalley, one-sit-reads, penquin, series-to-watch-for
Read in February, 2012

THE FAERYS VIEW

Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink was a truly captivating read that I could not put down no matter what was going on around me. I loved this world Ms. Zink so artfully created for many reasons that you’ll soon read about!

Ms. Zink interwove a captivating tale with two genres that I never thought I’d see together: Steam-Punk and Angels! She did it so masterfully that I was glued to the book and it went everywhere with me---even the loo! I’m going to avoid the blow by blow description of the book and even though this isn’t my normal review method, for Temptation of Angels I felt it necessary to put everything I loved about the book in perspective so here goes!

The Plot/Storyline: I am so impressed with how well Ms. Zink was able to incorporate the story in such a beautifully scripted format. The flow of the book was always spot on, I always felt like the tempo was appropriate for the situation. Bringing together two totally different genres such as Steam-Punk along with Angels is a challenge within itself but Temptation of Angels is so perfectly blended and thorough that I found myself amazed at how quickly I fell into their world with my eyes open in awe!

The Characters: The characters were so wonderfully fleshed out and distinctive, Ms. Zink’s expertise at character emoting is exceptional. Through her characters perspectives we catch every glance, every nuance, etc… so that I felt like I knew each character as if I had been there myself. I loved the way the characters interacted with each other, nothing felt rushed and the relationships fell where they were meant to. I did shed a few tears at the loss of one character that I adored; I think that was the only time I wanted to email Ms. Zink and beg her to change it! But there’s a reason for everything…

In summary, Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink is one Huge Fan-Faery-Tastic book of Awesomeness! I highly recommend you read this book, you won’t be let down by this absolutely mesmerizing story unless you abhor a fascinating read! This is most definitely a One-Sit-Read for me, my highest honor!

The ending of Temptation of Angels leaves me in high anticipation for the next in the series! I’ll be counting down the days if not hounding the Publishers for another ARC!

THE FAERYS SAYS TEMPTATION OF ANGELS MADE MY WINGS SOAR!

Thank you to Netgalley and Penquin Young Readers for allowing me to view this galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Temptation of Angels.