Jessica Johnson's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Oct 29, 11

Read from October 27 to 29, 2011

*****SPOILERS INVOLVED!!****
Oh.Em.Gee! What a roller coaster this was. I could NOT believe what happened in such a short time.
This book has been keeping me on the edge of my seat the ENTIRE time. I was beginning to get really frustrated that Dimitri and Rose couldn't be together.
I was so unbelievably excited when they finally got their chance at happiness no matter how short lived it was. It was such a tender and sweet part of the book when he let himself go. I almost cried. Then to have it all go down in flames when he gets turned. Rose's turmoil was so great. I don't think I would personally be able to handle that kind of emotional slap.
The books in this series just keep getting better and better. I say each time that I can't wait to start the next one and I hate repeating myself but there are just not enough ways to say how much I want to see what happens.
I feel for Lissa in the books but not as much as i feel for Rose. Their confrontation at the end of the book was so needed. Even though it broke Lissa's heart a little bit, she needed to hear the truth from Rose.
I wonder what will happen in the next book with Adrian. (Btw, I soooo wanted to b**** slap the queen in this book)Rose always gets the bad end of the deal and I want her to be happy so very much. She deserves it after all she's been through.
I anxiously await the final ending in this series and the journey it will take to get there. It makes me curious to see how Richelle Mead will do it. She's thought of so many other things to happen that I wouldn't have imagined. Fantastic writing!
On to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

10/28/2011
38.0% "Good for Mia!"
10/28/2011
42.0% "One of my favorite quotes:
"...Dimitri stepped forward, pressing close to the bars as I had earlier. I'd thought I had a scary voice, but when he spoke his next words, I realized I wasn't even close. 'And it'll all be pointless anyway, because you won't stay alive long enough in prison to stage your grand plans. You aren't the only one with connections.'"
Oh man I grinned like a mad woman! So dangerous and sexy!;)"
10/29/2011
82.0% "A grin lit his face. "We're going hunting?" Bahahaha that is fricking awesome!!!!!!"
10/29/2011
95.0% "Noooooooooooo!!! *sob sob*"